The purpose of a kitchen exhaust grease filter is:
- Particle Filtration: To reduce the amount of grease and oil in the exhaust duct.
- Fire Safety: To prevent flames from entering the duct.
The most commonly used metal grease filters within the Australian Market are:
- Aluminium honeycomb filters
- Stainless steel honeycomb filters
- Stainless steel baffle filters
Grease particles can be broken down into three size categories:
- Particle Type Particle Size
- Smoke Particles 0.03 to 0.5 Microns
- Grease Steam Particles (Grease with moisture particles) 0.5 to 6.0 Microns
- Grease Spatter (Larger visible particles) 6.0 to 150 Microns
Different filter designs work better for different particle size ranges, and not all devices can capture all particle sizes effectively.